Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Juliet - Christmas Island & Lacking

Seven days definitely wasn't enough for me to post all the local bands I wanted to share during locals week. I kind of made it a point to post broken up bands during that week, and as a follow up to locals week I'll be posting current bands. Most will be ones formed by members of bands I already posted last week, but I may also just post some bands I just really wanted to include. I won't be as consistent though since I don't have some event like before to motivate me, haha...

Juliet was formed in the wake of Mouth Of Man, and some of these first songs were actually written for that band before they called it quits. This band has the same guitarist who is now also doing vocals, and the same drummer. They're very new, only playing their first show about a month and a half ago, but they've got a few recordings already and they're working fast. Juliet plays 90's style indie/emo kind of along the lines of Texas Is The Reason, but with the raw aesthetics of Indian Summer. To me they sound a lot like The Hated, or more recently, The Pine. I think this band is going to do some really cool stuff for anyone who appeals to that type of music at all.

"I'll bet you wonder when I wrote this song. I hummed it in my head all day long."



Christmas Island
1. Atlanta
2. Aly Goola
3. Mineral
4. Providence

Lacking
1. Lacking
2. About A Girl (Nirvana)