Saturday, April 23, 2011

Malakai - By All His Engines

Locals Week Day 6 - Malakai

I was looking through all my music trying to figure out what to post next, and this one definitely stuck out even though there were tons that I wanted to include. Malakai were (and on special occasion, are) so fun to see live. They played downcast, dramatic mathcore, and when I say dramatic I mean they utilized drama for the album. The thing that made this album stick out in my search is that the lyrics are a script and the album tells a story of the struggle between an emperor, his son, and his court. This is still an extremely unique concept to me. I've heard of albums that tell a story, but the way this one was executed is stupendous to me. III & V are my favorite acts. If anyone is interested, I could transcribe the lyrics/lines.

"Bow your head, and still the drums. Make way, for The Emperor comes."



1. I
2. II
3. III
4. IV
5. V
6. VI
7. VII